Friday, February 22, 2013

Birchbox Review: February 2013 - Red Carpet Ready Box #2


My February Birchbox finally arrived yesterday! My box was one of the many that were "snowed in" due to Nemo. It seems that every month I'm getting my box later and later. I will be sharing Box #2 with you today! Sorry for the dark pictures, but I wanted to get this post up quickly.

 

More after the jump..


This month's Birchbox theme was "Red Carpet Ready". Basically, the items are supposed to be red carpet worthy. Are they?


I have to admit that I do like the variety in samples this month and I'm VERY happy with the better sample sizes! My box was finally full this time around.
Instead of wrapping samples in tissue, Birchbox has continued with the pillow boxes from a few months back. It doesn't really matter either way to me.


Inside of my pillow pack there was a red headband twistband and a mini Color Club nail polish in Wild Cactus. The Ghiradelli square was a bonus item, which was nice.


twistband - Thick Headband (Full size: $20 for 6)
I like the idea of these, but wouldn't pay the full price. When I previewed my box contents online I thought I would be able to use this for working out, but it's a bit slippery... meaning it slips off my head. It will definitely work for washing my face at night, but I don't think it's going to stick in place during a workout. I know that a lot of people have purchased elastic and made these themselves.

Lancome - Bi-Facial Eye Makeup Remover (Full size: $28)
I've been looking for the perfect eye makeup remover, so I'm looking forward to trying this out. I've heard that people love Bi-Facial so the higher price point has me a bit worried. I'll do a separate review on this after thoroughly testing it out.

Skin & Co Roma - Cleansing Body Gel with Olive & Sicilian Orange Extracts (Full size: $17.50)
This is a shower gel - I don't know why they insist on calling it a body gel? Oh well. Anyways, it's okay. It's musky and reminds me of Neutrogena's Rain Bath shower gel. I'll use it, but I think it may be better suited for my boyfriend. I am happy with the larger sample size though. Since I use a shower poof I'll definitely be getting at least 4-5 uses out of it, probably more.


Color Club - Nail Polish in Wild Cactus (Full size: $8)
This is a really pretty color! The bottom right blurry picture shows a relatively color accurate picture, whereas the other two show what it looks like in the light. I'm very pleased because I don't have anything else like it in my collection. Usually Color Club mini formulas suck, but I've been hearing some good stuff over on Makeuptalk! I'm excited to try this one out.


Overall, I'm very pleased with my box! I'll be using (and eating!) everything, so this month was worth it. I get to review all 5 items, which will earn me 50 points. Remember, 100 points equals $10 in the Birchbox shop!

Which box did you get?
If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox and you aren't a member, you can signup here.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you're back to blogging! I can't wait to see your review of the Bi-Facil, I've heard a lot of great things but, I don't think I could ever justify the price. I'm having the same problem with my headband as well, it's sliding all over the place :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost don't want to like it because it's so expensive. I know it's usually a GWP from Lancome though, so if you shop with them normally that's a plus. I've been using the headband to wash my face, but that's about all I can do with it. It just has no grip!

      Delete
  2. If you love BiFacil but are weary of the price, try Sonia Kashuk Remove! I love it! it's got the dual layers & is only $10 at target. Milani has a new remover out too, and while I haven't tried it, it's been getting rave reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try it! I purchased the new Maybelline Clean Express or whatever, but I've been using up a Talika one (similar price to Bi-Facial).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...